Are you a registered nurse or other medical professional looking for extra income or a new career opportunity? Attorneys are increasingly relying on experienced nurses to help them understand and resolve complex medical cases or claims. If you're interested in sharing your expertise in nursing and health care with law firms and insurance companies, this course will introduce you to the specific legal fields where your skills and knowledge are most needed. You'll also learn how to create your very own legal nurse consulting practice from the ground up.
- Get acquainted with the role of the legal nurse consultant in the American legal system.
- Define how a person would build a legal nurse consulting practice.
- Gain an understanding of the daily activities of legal nurse consultants.
- Find out about the basics of personal injury and medical malpractice law.
- Delve into the way legal professionals and legal nurse consultants prepare for trials.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Experience and training as a registered nurse, nurse practitioner, physician's assistant, or other medical professional. Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the "Enroll Now" button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. At the end, you will be asked to click on the "Already Paid" button if you have already paid. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.