Our Child Day Care Management Specialist online course combines the Child Day Care Management course with the Child Health, Safety and Nutrition course.
Our Child Day Care Management course can provide you with the information to take the first step toward earning an attractive child care worker salary. You could even learn some basic ideas on how to start a home day care business! A child care worker is a special person who helps children grow, learn, and gain new skills every day. A child care worker also provides behavioral and emotional support so children feel safe and comfortable while with a child care worker.
The Child Health, Safety and Nutrition class is for anyone who works in a role that touches children's lives. The material is based on the most current research and reflects the latest developments in health, safety and nutrition as well as their application in multiple settings. This course covers the contemporary health, safety and nutrition needs of infant through school-age children, with extensive coverage of topics critical to the early identification of children’s health conditions and the promotion of children’s well-being.
This course prepares you for the education requirements of the CDA Credential. Candidates seeking to apply for CDA assessment must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Hold a high school diploma or GED
- Have 480 hours of experience working with children within the past five years
- Have 120 clock hours of formal child care education within the past five years
You will complete the following modules included in the program:
- Early Childhood Development
- Prenatal, Infancy and Toddlers Development
- Age Three to Six Development
- Age Six to Eight Development
- Starting a Day Care Business
- Planning the Daily Schedule
- Day Care Business Basics
- Introduction and Children's Health
- Conditions Affecting Children's Health
- Safety for the Young Child
- Foods and Nutrients: Basic Concepts
- Nutrition and the Young Child
- Food Safety and Nutritional Education
- Understanding Child Development (Paperback) by Rosalind Charlesworth
- How to Start a Home-Based Day-Care Business, 5th (Home-Based Business Series) (Paperback) by Shari Steelsmith
- Early Education Curriculum: A Child's Connection to the World (Paperback) by Hilda Jackman
- Health, Safety and Nutrition for the Young Child by Lynn R. Marotz
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: You will need a computer with a high-speed internet connection and email.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 12 months to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 770-499-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.