This floral design course is the perfect place to start to learn more about custom floral design! Whether you are interested in pursuing a career in custom floral design, or just want to learn to make arrangements for the home, office or friends, this course is for you. Unlike traditional floral design schools, we let you study at home! Our floral design materials for beginners are delivered directly to your email and can help you learn the important fundamentals of custom floral design. You study when and where it is most convenient for you.
Our custom floral design course offers a comprehensive curriculum on a number of floral design topics, including:
- The history of floral design
- Design principles and elements
- Care and handling of flowers
- Flower and foliage forms
- Corsage and boutonniere construction techniques
- Contemporary design styles and techniques
- Wedding flower arrangements
- The retail flower shop
- The retail aspect of floral design
- Career opportunities in floral design
- Entrepreneurship: Starting and Operating a Small Business (2nd Edition) by Steve Mariotti and Caroline Glackin (book and CD rom/528 pages)
- The Art of Floral Design by Norah T. Hunter
- Start Your Own Florist Shop and Other Floral Businesses by Cheryl Kimball
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: You will need a computer with a high-speed internet connection and email.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 12 months to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 770-499-3355 or email@example.com.