Nutrition Consultant training provides students with an understanding of how food nutrition contributes to the prevention of illness and the promotion of optimal health. You will learn to conduct in-depth diet and lifestyle evaluations and to advise individuals on food plans customized to each individual’s taste, temperament, and health goals. The fundamentals of whole food nutrition, digestive physiology, metabolism, nutritional biochemistry, and current research are presented. The nutritional terrain covered includes macronutrients, micronutrients, and phytonutrients, based upon current global research and application. You are trained to work in the community in a wide variety of institutional, school, business, and private practice settings.
- A bio-individualized approach to diet planning
- About high quality supplements as an adjunct to a nutrient-rich diet
- The skills of in-depth diet and lifestyle evaluation
- To understand and evaluate research studies and gather credible information to share with clients
- To prepare and deliver nutrition presentations
- Keys to developing a successful nutrition business
- Personal Nutrition by Marie A. Boyle and Sara Long
- Diet Analysis Plus 9.0 Windows/Macintosh CD-ROM, Wadsworth
- A-Z Guide to Drug-Herb-Vitamin Interactions, 2nd Edition by Alan R. Gaby M.D. and Healthnotes
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: You will need a computer with a high-speed internet connection and email.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 12 months to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.