This course combines the Nutritional Consultant Certificate and the Fitness and Nutrition Certificate programs.
Nutrition Consultant training provides students with an understanding of how food nutrition contributes to the prevention of illness and the promotion of optimal health. You will learn to conduct in-depth diet and lifestyle evaluations and to advise individuals on food plans customized to each individual’s taste, temperament, and health goals. The fundamentals of whole food nutrition, digestive physiology, metabolism, nutritional biochemistry, and current research are presented. The nutritional terrain covered includes macronutrients, micronutrients, and phytonutrients, based upon current global research and application. You are trained to work in the community in a wide variety of institutional, school, business, and private practice settings.
- A bio-individualized approach to diet planning
- About high quality supplements as an adjunct to a nutrient-rich diet
- The skills of in-depth diet and lifestyle evaluation
- To understand and evaluate research studies and gather credible information to share with clients
- To prepare and deliver nutrition presentations
- Keys to developing a successful nutrition business
Proper nutrition and physical fitness go hand-in-hand when working to maintain a healthy lifestyle. This online course offers a well balanced combination of nutrition and physical fitness training to help you take the first step toward a new career in nutrition and fitness. Proper health management is important to a growing number of consumers who are interested in enhancing their lives through increased physical fitness and better nutrition practices. People often rely on persons who have received fitness and nutrition training who can help them turn their lives around. Our fitness and nutrition course offers a comprehensive introduction on a number of key fitness and nutrition topics.
Our fitness and nutrition course offers a comprehensive introduction on a number of key fitness and nutrition topics, including:
- Health and wellness
- Fitness concepts and the ideal exercise program
- Kinds of nutrients and nutrition
- Exercise and stress management
- Protecting the body from injury and illness
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- Digestion and absorption of food nutrients
- Evaluating body composition
- Weight control and dieting
- Steps to planning a workout
- Personal Nutrition by Marie A. Boyle and Sara Long
- Diet Analysis Plus 9.0 Windows/Macintosh CD-ROM, Wadsworth
- Health and Wellness, Tenth Edition (Paperback) by Gordon Edlin and Eric Golanty
- Be Your Own Personal Trainer (Paperback) by Tanya Wyatt
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: You will need a computer with a high-speed internet connection and email.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 12 months to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 770-499-3355 or email@example.com.