This online course for professional bookkeepers leads to national certification with the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB). The AIPB certification is a high professional standard and the only national standard for bookkeepers. Becoming a Certified Bookkeeper (CB) can increase earning potential, enhance professional status, and offer a decisive edge in any job market. This course was created by the AIPB to prepare experienced bookkeepers for the certification exam.
Prerequisite: Bookkeeper Certificate (or two years' bookkeeping experience)
Note: This program is designed for experienced bookkeepers who want to prepare for national certification. Although you may sit for the AIPB Certification exam at any time, you must pass the AIPB Certification exam and be able to submit proof of at least two years of full-time or 3,000 hours of part-time experience in order to earn your Certified Bookkeeper designation.
- Describe the benefits, eligibility requirements, code of ethics, and maintenance requirements for the Certified Bookkeeper.
- Apply the concepts of accrual accounting to transactions that span fiscal periods.
- Trace the effect of accrual and deferral transactions to financial statements.
- Apply accounting concepts and the basic tools of financial analysis in identifying and correcting errors.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Prepare payroll transactions, from paying wages to depositing and reporting taxes.
- Apply accounting concepts to depreciation transactions, including various methods of calculating depreciation for book and tax purposes.
- Value inventory, record costs, make entries, and report inventory on financial statements.
- Help your company or client use basic internal controls to prevent theft, embezzlement, or check and credit card fraud by employees, customers, or vendors.
Materials included: The AIPB provides the six workbooks that are required for this program.
View the course syllabus
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: You will need a computer with Internet connection and email and Microsoft Word and Excel.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days.
You have 180 days to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
For questions on this course, please contact the online coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-578-3355.