The CCNA certification indicates a professional level of knowledge and a foundation in basic networking. This program incorporates the objectives for the Cisco CCNA exam version 640-802, focusing on giving you the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small and medium branch office Enterprise network, including configuring several switches and routers, connecting to a WAN, and implanting network security. A student should be able to complete configuration and implementation of a small branch office network under supervision. Upon successful completion of this program, you’ll be prepared to sit for the Cisco 640-802 certification exam.
Prerequisite: To enroll, we recommend that you have experience working in a network environment.
- Describe how networks function, identifying major components, the function of network components, and the Open System Interconnection (OSI) reference model.
- Using the host-to-host packet delivery process, describe issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN and identify switched LAN technology solutions to Ethernet networking issues.
- Describe the reasons for extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used, with a focus on RF wireless access.
- Understand the reasons for connecting networks with routers and how routed networks transmit data through networks using TCP/IP.
- Describe the function of Wide Area Networks (WANs), the major devices of WANs, and be able to configure PPP encapsulation, static and dynamic routing, and PAT and RIP routing.
- Use the command-line interface to discover neighbors on the network and manage the router startup and configuration.
- Expand the switched network from a small LAN to a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and spanning tree.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot OSPF and EIGRP.
- Determine how to apply ACLs based on network requirements, and how to configure, verify, and troubleshoot ACLs on a medium-sized network.
- Successfully complete the Cisco 640-802 exam.
The original program length is six months. If you need more time, you may request a 90-day extension for a fee of $225. Extension requests must be made before your initial six-month access period has expired.
Materials included: CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802, 6th Edition, by Todd Lammle
View the course syllabus
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers.
Remote Lab Requirements:
- The PC must be connected to a high-speed Internet connection
- The PC must have pop-up blockers turned off
- The PC must not be located behind a caching proxy firewall
- The PC must have Java JRE version 1.6.0 or higher installed
Please Note: It’s possible to run the remote labs with other operating systems (Linux or Apple); however, only the designated Windows operating systems with the required browser will be eligible for support.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 180 days to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 770-499-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.