Enjoy the rewards of working with a dentist to create brighter smiles! This exciting Administrative Dental Assistant Online Program can help you start a new career. You'll learn about dental terminology and anatomy, medical records management, accounts receivable and reimbursement management, insurance and patient billing, patient scheduling, and procedural and diagnostic coding.
Prerequisite: Students should be proficient in keyboarding, have a basic understanding of a word-processing computer program (Microsoft Word is recommended), and have a command of English grammar and punctuation. No dental office work experience is required.
- Understand the role of the administrative dental assistant
- Communicate effectively with patients and coworkers
- Relate to patients in a professional, caring manner
- Understand teamwork in the dental office
- Maintain quality patient records
- Understand information management in the dental office
- Become proficient with scheduling and recall systems
- Know how to process dental insurance
- Perform inventory management and equipment maintenance
- Know bookkeeping and collection procedures
Materials included: The Administrative Dental Assistant, by Linda Gaylor and Student Workbook to Accompany the Administrative Dental Assistant, by Linda Gaylor
View the course syllabus
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: You'll need a PC running Windows 98 or Windows XP. You'll also need an Internet connection and e-mail capability. Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this course.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 180 days to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 770-499-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.