The Clinical Dental Assistant Online Training Program will prepare you to become a productive member of a dental team as a certified dental assistant. You'll learn about every aspect of professional dental assisting, including invaluable real-world perspectives from experienced dental assistants and essential information about anatomy and physiology, preventive dentistry, patient care and communication, radiology, pharmacology, anesthesia, assisting in specialty practices, employment strategies, and much more. Upon finishing this program, you'll be prepared to successfully complete the radiology and infection control portions of the Dental Assisting National Board exam.
Prerequisite: Students should have a high school diploma or equivalent. Basic computer skills are required. No healthcare or medical office work experience is required. A current CPR certification is required for employment, but it's not required for this program.
- Describe the progression of dental disease and preventive techniques.
- Identify the deciduous and permanent teeth and their functions, as well as anatomical landmarks of the head and neck.
- Identify the chain of infection, routes of transmission, and techniques used in sterilization and disinfection.
- Complete patient charting, take vital signs, and describe steps for emergency management.
- Set up trays for dental procedures and understand instrument transfer techniques.
- Expose and process quality radiographs.
- Identify dental materials and describe their uses.
- Describe the role of a dental assistant in each of the nine dental specialties.
You will receive a certificate of completion if you successfully fulfilled the requirements of the Dental Assistant Online Training Program. You'll be prepared to take the radiology and infection control portions of the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) exam. You’ll be eligible to become a Certified Dental Assistant after you've completed two years of employment and passed the dental assisting portion of the DANB exam. For information about the DANB exam, please click here.
- Dental Assisting: A Comprehensive Approach
- Dental Terminology
- Dental Assisting Instrument Guide
- Delmar's Dental Assisting Exam Review
- Flossing and Brushing Teaching Model
- Pediatric Hygiene Kits
- Dental Assisting: Interactive Skills and Procedures Version 2.0.0 on CD-ROM for Windows
View the course syllabus
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 180 days to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or email@example.com.