Bring the power of Microsoft Excel 2010 into your classroom! This course, designed especially for teachers, gives you the skills you need to use Excel with ease and confidence. In addition, it offers teaching tips and standards-based lesson plans and activities so you can pass your Excel knowledge on to students at any grade level.
- Identify terms most commonly used in Excel, and learn the basic principles for creating a formula.
- Create various types of charts, and change chart format appropriately.
- Examine sample lesson plans for a range of grade levels, and learn how to adapt them to different grade levels, content areas, and learning styles.
- Learn to calculate averages, and use the statistical terms in creating and analyzing a data list based on your students' progress.
- Create an electronic grade book that you can really use in your classroom, use conditional formulas to assign letter grades, sort class lists with conditional formatting, and print charts that show student progress.
For Georgia teachers, this course grants 2 PLUs upon successful completion.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser, and Microsoft Excel 2010. Software is not included in course fee. If you would like to purchase the educational version of this software, please contact the coordinator after registering. This course is not suitable for Macintosh users.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the "Enroll Now" button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. At the end, you will be asked to click on the "Already Paid" button if you have already paid. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you are a certified teacher in Georgia and are interested in taking this course for PLUs, please complete the PLU notification form once you have registered. This course grants 2 PLUs upon successful completion.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 770-499-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.