There are websites and then there are effective websites. This less-technically oriented course focuses on what you need to know to create websites that work well. Professional standards, graphic design principles, typography, interface design, site optimization, bandwidth usage, organization and storyboarding skills are included in the knowledge base you can expect to build. Textbook available at the KSU Center bookstore.
Prerequisite: Photoshop and HTML I and II. Offered spring and fall only.
- Storyboarding for Web Sites
- Graphic Design Principles with respect to Web sites
- Properly planning a Web site
- Ability to recognize good and bad web designs
- Principles of typography with respect to the Web
- Uses of color and graphics in Web design
- Techniques for fixing web design problems
Note: Textbook available at the KSU Center bookstore, Non-Designer's Web Book: 3rd Ed.
For more detailed information on the Web Design Certificate, please click here.