Learn the basic concepts and the foundation to create your own productions. This hands-on course will cover raster and vector graphics, the tool palette, manipulating images, image modes, the color palette and manipulating layers.
Prerequisite: Minimum of one year working on a personal computer
- Select appropriate resolutions for different image and output types
- Resize and crop image areas
- Select image areas using the Lasso, Marquee, and Magic Wand tools
- Use alpha channels to save and load selections
- Create and manipulate multiple layers to composite images easily
- Apply blending and shading effects to create realistic composites
- Select colors using the Color palette, Color Picker, and Eyedropper tool
- Add and format text within an image
- Apply layer effects and filters to create special effects including lighting effects and textures
- Modify the brightness, contrast, color balance, hue, and saturation of images
- Save images in file formats for use with other applications and the Web
For more detailed information on the Web Design Certificate, please click here.
Note: To receive a 100% refund, you must notify us at least 2 business days before the start of the class. Withdrawals received less than 2 business days in advance may receive a 80% refund. If you fail to withdraw prior to the first day of class, you will receive NO REFUND