This course focuses on the skills you'll need to prepare professional, competitive and compelling grant proposals. You'll be guided step-by-step through the entire process of developing and writing a grant proposal. In just six short weeks, you'll be prepared to convert an idea into a complete, well-developed package.
More than a simple how-to, Get Grants teaches you how to recognize what makes a project attractive to a funding agency and how to create a compelling case. Whether you are thinking of proposal writing as a career option or are looking to help your organization generate additional external funding, this course will show you how to produce more competitive proposals and be more successful in getting grant awards.
- Learn about funding sources and how to determine the fundability of a project.
- Find out how a typical grant proposal is organized and what its components are.
- Identify and define goals, objectives, and activities, and develop realistic, measurable objectives.
- Explore the methods/activities section and discover how to build a comprehensive project plan.
- Create a clear and realistic project budget.
- Understand the importance of dissemination and future funding plans.
- Get acquainted with different funding sources and ways to search for funding information.
- Discover the ins and outs of preparing proposal packages for federal agencies and private foundations.
- Identify how to avoid common grant writing mistakes and make your proposal stand out.
For Georgia teachers, this course grants 2 PLUs upon successful completion.
This course is part of the Grant Writing Certificate.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the "Enroll Now" button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. At the end, you will be asked to click on the "Already Paid" button if you have already paid. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you are a certified teacher in Georgia and are interested in taking this course for PLUs, please complete the PLU notification form once you have registered. This course grants 2 PLUs upon successful completion.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 770-499-3355 or email@example.com.