This course teaches medical terminology from an anatomical approach. Root terms are divided by each body system. The origin, a combined form, and an example of non-medical everyday usage is provided for each root term. Word Associations are provided as a learning tool. Unusual and interesting information is provided in regards to each term. Root terms are combined with prefixes and suffixes as your learning will culminate in the interpretation of several paragraphs of medical notes. The course includes animation and audio to aid student retention and to ensure correct pronunciation of terms.
- Learn to identify common root and musculoskeletal root terms and their meanings.
- Discern and memorize integumentary and digestive root terms and their meanings.
- Identify and memorize cardiovascular and respiratory root terms and their meanings.
- Recognize and commit to memory urinary and reproductive root terms and their meanings.
- Identify and memorize neurosensory root terms and their meanings.
- Learn the common medical prefixes.
- Get to know common medical abbreviations.
- Get familiar with directional terms and word combinations.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the "Add to Cart" button (this site does not accept payments - you will not be charged here). Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 470-578-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.