Demystify the complexities of HIPAA, and the new ARRA/HITECH rules! If you're a health care professional, it's mandatory that you know the ins and outs of HIPAA compliance. This course focuses on the Administrative Simplification portion of HIPAA. We'll cover transactions, code sets, and identifiers; the Privacy Rule; and the Security Rule. In addition, this course has been upgraded to include the new 2010 ARRA/HITECH provisions, which include the use of new transactions and code sets, new standards for the electronic transmission of health insurance data, and updates to the breach notification rules. By the end of the course, you'll feel confident in your ability to bring your organization into compliance with HIPAA, ARRA, and HITECH's requirements.
- Learn about the history of HIPAA, its five titles, and the penalties for noncompliance.
- Find out about key organizations that support HIPAA and common HIPAA definitions.
- Delve into the core requirements of the Privacy Rule, see how it interacts with other privacy laws, and identify what constitutes a privacy breach.
- Understand key security terminology and concepts, and explore the threats to electronic information.
- Study the requirements for physical and technical safeguards as they relate to the Privacy and Security Rules.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the "Enroll Now" button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. At the end, you will be asked to click on the "Already Paid" button if you have already paid. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 770-499-3355 or firstname.lastname@example.org.