Have you ever thought about writing for magazines? Turn your dreams into bylines and help yourself to a bright future as a magazine writer. It's fun, it's easy, and a great source of extra income. If you're a determined new writer, or if you haven't written for magazines in years, this class will jump start your career. You'll learn plenty of powerful brainstorming techniques designed to practically write every article for you.
- Discover what it really takes to write articles for magazines, and learn some techniques for how to generate ideas.
- Learn how to format your manuscript; explore the key elements of e-mail etiquette, grammar, and punctuation; and get some proven techniques for successful interviews.
- Get an idea of what kind of money you might make writing magazine articles, and discover some ways to overcome writer's block and other hurdles that prevent you from earning an income.
- Explore ways to write clearly and really connect with your readers, and learn about the different types of articles you have to choose from.
- Acquire some important tools and techniques for self-editing to make your articles stronger.
- Find out about writers' and critique groups, get some tips for making the most of your time, and understand the importance of perseverance.
For Georgia teachers, this course grants 2 PLUs upon successful completion.
This course is part of the Creative Writing Certificate.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the "Enroll Now" button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. At the end, you will be asked to click on the "Already Paid" button if you have already paid. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you are a certified teacher in Georgia and are interested in taking this course for PLUs, please complete the PLU notification form once you have registered. This course grants 2 PLUs upon successful completion.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 770-499-3355 or email@example.com.