The Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) 2003 credential is the premier certification for professionals who analyze the business requirements, and design and implement the infrastructure for business solutions based on the Microsoft Windows® 2003 platform and Microsoft server software. Implementation responsibilities include installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network systems. By earning the premier MCSE credential, individuals are demonstrating that they have the skills necessary to lead organizations in the successful design, implementation, and administration of the most advanced Microsoft Windows platform and Microsoft server products. Microsoft Approved Curriculum Text Books included. You have 365 days to complete this course.
Prerequisites: To enroll in this program, you should have experience using DOS; experience in computer networking; familiarity with basic networking protocols, including TCP/IP; strong Windows 95/98/2000/03/XP Explorer interface skills; and the ability to install and configure hardware, software, and device drivers. We also recommend that you have experience supporting end users in a network environment and experience supporting NT Workstation, NT Server, or Novell NetWare.
- Identify the tasks involved in supporting Windows 2003 networks
- Understand how networking concepts are implemented in Windows 2003
- Configure Microsoft Windows 2003 Professional on stand-alone computers and on client computers that are part of a workgroup or domain
- Install and configure Windows 2003 Server
- Install, configure, manage, and support a network infrastructure that uses Microsoft Windows 2003 server
- Gain skills needed to create a networking services infrastructure design that supports the required network applications
- Learn network solution technologies including DHCP, IP, OSPF, RIP, and IGMP
- Gain the knowledge and skills needed to design a security framework for small, medium, and enterprise networks by using Microsoft Windows 2003 technologies
- Install, configure, and administer the Microsoft Window 2003 Active Directory service and design a Microsoft Windows 2003 directory services infrastructure
Requirements: This program is compatible with the Windows XP and later operating systems and IE 7 and later browsers. We highly recommend that you have a high-speed Internet connection (DSL or cable).
Software that must be downloaded:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 5
- Excel Viewer
- Internet Explorer 6
- WindowsMedia Player 7.1 for Windows 98, Windows 2000, and Windows Me
- RealOne Player
- PowerPoint Viewer
- Word Viewer
- WinZip 8
- Programs are only compatible with Microsoft operating systems and Internet Explorer.
Minimum Hardware requirements:
- Monitor: 15" Super VGA Monitor (17" is best)
- Processor: Pentium 300 or better
- Network Adapter: 10 base T
- RAM: At least 128MB
- Hard Drive: At least 4 GB
- CD Drive: CD-ROM drive (24x or greater)
- Sound Card: 16 Bit
- Video Adaptor: At least 8MB
- Sound: Headset (a microphone is optional)
- Screen Resolution: 800 x 600 true color (1024 x 768 is best)
- Operating System: Windows 98 or Windows 2000 Professional
- Internet Connection: cable modem or DSL
- Microsoft Official Curriculum textbooks
- Access to an online IT Library
Note: The MCSE certification exams are not included with this course. For more information about scheduling MCSE exams, contact Prometric at 1-800-755-Exam. You must pass all exams to obtain the Microsoft MCSE certification.
View the course syllabus
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
You will receive a password and log-in information via email within 3-5 business days of registering for this course. Course materials are included and will be mailed to you within 10 business days. You have 365 days to complete this course. You must make an 70 or higher as your final grade to successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion.
There are no refunds for this course.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 770-499-3355 or email@example.com.