Develop a rich understanding of the rudiments of algebra in a relaxed and supportive learning environment. This course will help you understand some of the most important algebraic concepts, including orders of operation, units of measurement, scientific notation, algebraic equations, inequalities with one variable, and applications of rational numbers.
- Identify types of numbers, practical applications, and history of algebra.
- Determine units of measurement and why they are important.
- Evaluate algebraic expressions.
- Master formulas for perimeter, area, and volume.
- Solve for a variable in an equation.
- Calculate problems involving investments, mixtures, and percentage change.
- Solve word problems involving measurements and consecutive integers.
- Establish how to solve applications of proportions and variations.
- Comprehend how to solve equations of uniform linear motion.
- Understand rational equations involving focal length, capacitance, resistance, and conductance.
- Explore how to solve a variety of algebraic equations involving age, height, volume, and money.
For Georgia teachers, this course grants 2 PLUs upon successful completion.
View a course demo
For our online course refund policy, click here.
Requirements: Internet access, e-mail, Firefox or Internet Explorer web browser.
You will need to create a login for your online classroom. Go to www.ed2go.com/ksuconed. Find your course by browsing the catalog or using the search bar. Click the "Enroll Now" button. Select your start date and then create a Username and Password. At the end, you will be asked to click on the "Already Paid" button if you have already paid. You must make an 80 or higher on the final exam (online) to successfully complete the course. You may only take the exam once.
If you are a certified teacher in Georgia and are interested in taking this course for PLUs, please complete the PLU notification form once you have registered. This course grants 2 PLUs upon successful completion.
If you have questions about this course, please contact the online coordinator at 770-499-3355 or email@example.com.