Now is the time to launch or advance your career in Meeting and Event Management. The Bureau of Labor statistics predicts there will be more than 31,000 new meeting and event planner positions created by 2020. A recent article published on salary.com ranked Meeting and Event Planning as 4th on its list of 11 of the Fastest-Growing Jobs in America. According to the article, by 2020 there will be a 43.7% increase in jobs and the median income for meeting and event planners will be $55,812.
This program is designed for both new and aspiring managers, as well as the experienced planner who wants to learn the latest industry trends and increase their knowledge and skills in this rapidly growing industry.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Those who have the responsibility of coordinating meetings, conferences, expositions, social programs, reunions, sporting events, or other types of events.
- Administrative assistants who plan and coordinate events.
- Individuals who require Meeting and Event Management education to obtain an entry-level position, or desire to expand career opportunities in the future.
- Anyone who is considering a career change and wants a comprehensive introduction to the field of Meeting and Event Management.
- Professionals working in related fields such as lighting, sound, audio-visual, decor, catering and entertainment.
The College of Continuing and Professional Education at Kennesaw State University offers a premier Meeting and Event Management Certificate program. This course will give you the fundamental skill sets and practical knowledge to plan meetings or events like a seasoned professional.
Upon completion of the program, you will have gained skills in:
- Key meeting planning elements and available resources
- Professionalism and ethics
- Money matters
- Food and beverage
- AV and technology basics
- Site selection
- Destination and on-site management
- Marketing and promotion
- Legal issues
- Social Media
Make an investment in your future by learning straight from expert instructors who will share enlightening insights and career tips as you begin to develop industry relationships and resources.
Course Completion Requirements: To successfully complete this course, you must attend 80 percent of all class meetings. You also are required to participate, complete and make a presentation of a case study with your assigned group.
Course textbook: Professional Meeting Management 6th Edition (reqiuired at the first class) is available at the KSU Center Bookstore.
Prerequisites: High School Diploma. Enrollment in the program includes submission of a program application and completion of a basic skills assessment.
Click for instructions.