|Project Management Essentials 15 PDUs
This is the first of four core courses in the Project Management Certificate Program. Successful completion confers 15 Professional Development Units towards certificate completion or ongoing professional development.
This 2-day course addresses the nuts and bolts of project management essentials for anyone charged with leading a project team to successful completion. Participants will discuss theoretical fundamentals as well as participate in hands-on activities that will help them to plan and execute projects on time, stay on budget, and work with maximum efficiency.
Performance Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
Competencies covered in this class: Project Management
- Describe how the culture and structure of an agency influences projects
- Explain key project management process standards
- Demonstrate essential project management competencies
- Discuss the importance of risk analysis, mitigation and monitoring
- Define the phases of a project including the project vision, objectives and scope
- Plan a project's key stages, initiation, planning, execution and closeout
- Develop and manage the scope of work
- Define tasks, sequences and time estimates for a project
- Implement critical path analysis for a project
- Manage project controls to ensure project success
- Relate the project management principles to practical, real world experiences
- Incorporate quality management techniques in a project
Audience: All interested employees responsible with the planning and management of any type of project.
Please note: Students who register less than three days prior to class may not receive their book until after class ends.