|SQL Server 2012 Administration
Are you keeping up with Microsoft’s latest enterprise database solution? New in version 2012 are innovations that will help you integrate and deliver your agency’s data like never before. Come and practice installation, managing, performance tuning, and troubleshooting of this exciting, new product.
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
Software versions covered 2008 & 2012
- Install and configure SQL Server 2012
- Manage SQL Server Agent jobs, alerts, and operators
- Implement security features
- Back up and restore databases
- Monitor and troubleshoot SQL Server
- Optimize performance using the Resource Governor
- Improve productivity with the Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Discuss strategies for high availability
Intended Audience: IT Professionals with 6 months or more experience in administering network servers and data base administrators.
Pre-requisites: SQL Fundamentals class or equivalent knowledge.