|SQL Server Fundamentals
Would you like to have a solid foundation of the concepts of SQL Server 2008 before delving into the complexities of Microsoft's most powerful database application? This introductory course covers the essentials for database programmers and administrators who are new to SQL Server 2008. Practical, hands-on exercises will help reinforce the key features of database design, creation, testing, and deployment.
Upon successful completion, you should be able to:
Audience: Anyone who wants a basic overview of SQL Server 2008.
- Discuss how a SQL Server 2008 database works
- Install SQL Server 2008 express
- Design simple tables
- Retrieve and manipulate data with simple T-SQL queries
- Make and use views
- Insert, update and delete in SQL Databases
- Have a basic understanding of triggers and functions
- Become familiar with indexes
- Make a plan for where to go from here with SQL
Recommended Prerequisites: Before taking this course, participants should be familiar with relational database concepts or have taken the Database Design course.