|Office 2010 New Features
This course provides practice with the features of Office 2010. Hands-on exercises will help participants to gain familiarity with tools such as the Button menu, Ribbon groups, galleries, contextual tabs, Live Preview, the Dialog Box Launcher, the Document Information Panel and more. Each Office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access) will be covered individually, covering features which are unique to that application.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
Audience: experienced users of previous versions of Microsoft Office who want to learn the differences between these applications and Office 2010.
- Navigate and use the new menus and toolbars in the Office 2010 Interface
- Work with the Office XML
- Use the new formatting tools in Word
- Practice with Quick Parts and Building Blocks
- Use shared Word documents
- Work with the new charts, reports and table options in Excel
- Use Pivot tables and Excel Services
- Create PowerPoint Dynamic SmartArt graphics
- Use PowerPoint slide libraries
- Share PowerPoint presentations
- Work with custom PowerPoint layouts
- Implement new Outlook content management tools
- Use the To-do Bar in Outlook
- Work with Outlook Shared Content
- Explain Access data features
- Produce Access reports with new features
Prerequisites: Proficiency through Level 2 of previous versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.