|SharePoint Designer 2010
SharePoint 2010 sites can be managed and enhanced by using SharePoint Designer 2010. You’ll access, edit and create lists and views from within the SharePoint Designer program. You will also work with master pages, add data sources, configure Business Connectivity Services, and create sample workflows to enhance your team's productivity. In this course you will create SharePoint Web sites visually using no code (or minimal code). You don’t need to be a programmer to create web sites that enhance communications and improve performance. You’ll practice using Cascading Style Sheets and master pages to create truly useful sites that support team collaboration.
Note: Only version 2010 can be used to edit a SharePoint 2010 site.
After course completion, you should be able to:
Audience: This class is for users who wish to customize a SharePoint 2010 site by using SharePoint Designer 2010. Some knowledge of HTML and CSS will help with completion of course exercise.
- Identify SharePoint interface components, task panes, and site views within SharePoint Designer
- Modify and replace a site’s Master Pages
- Format text and unify a site design using CSS
- Insert, edit and preview basic web content
- Select page elements and view HTML
- Define and apply site templates
- Define and apply list templates
- Embed images into your web pages
- Create and format hyperlinks
- Work with tables
- Add multimedia elements to your web site
- Learn to add data sources including databases and XML
- Learn to configure and manage Business Connectivity Services.
- Learn to create a simple workflow
- Proof and publish your web site