|SharePoint Server 2010 Administration
Learn how to consolidate and optimize your traditional file servers on a cost effective and scalable platform. This course provides practice with SharePoint Server 2010 installation and configuration; customization; and architecture and capacity planning. You'll discover how to upgrade existing SharePoint 2007 servers, secure and manage site content, and integrate Microsoft Office applications with SharePoint.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
Audience: This course is designed for network administration professionals.
- Implement the new features and functions of SharePoint 2010
- Install, configure, and upgrade existing SharePoint 2007 servers
- Plan the architecture and capacity for your implementation
- Secure and manage site content
- Integrate Office clients
- Handle monitoring
- Create backups
- Execute disaster recovery
- Address shared service applications, navigation and governance
- Plan business intelligence and reporting services
- Use command-line administration with Windows PowerShell
- Work with service applications
- Maximize new features like managed metadata, Central Administration, and social computing
- Describe upgrades to the Health Analyzer, Timer Jobs, and reporting
- Practice enterprise search, FAST search, and people search
- Discuss Performance Point Services
Suggested Prerequisites: A Windows Server course or one year’s experience administering a network. Some IIS and SQL experience will enhance successful completion of this course.