|Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) with .Net 4
Computers need a secure and reliable way to communicate between each other. Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) is the .Net way to implement application and service interaction. With useful and powerful features such as bindings, multiple protocols, encryption and message queue support our enterprise apps can be realized more easily than ever. This two day class covers the basics you need to leverage this powerful technology.
This class uses Visual Studio 2010 and .Net 4 exclusively, but users of other versions of Visual Studio or .Net will also benefit from this content. This class has no preference for language and contains content in both C# and Visual Basic.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
Audience: Developers needing to implement Windows network communication
- Build SOAP and REST type WCF Services
- Implement Service and Data Contracts
- Implement message encryption for secure communications
- Describe the purpose and reason for Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Describe WCF’s role within the SOA system
- Host a service in a Windows Application
- Use IIS to host WCF services
- Debug WCF services using trace viewer and other tools
Recommended Prerequisites: Experience with .Net programming and Visual Studio