Microsoft Project 2010 is the premier software application used to track and dynamically update project management tasks and deadlines. This hands-on course is designed to provide practice with managing time, people, and budgets for any size project. You will learn how to create a task list and assign resources, fine-tune your project plan, track project progress, and share and publish project information. Version 2010 incorporates the ribbon bar used in Office applications, and offers collaboration tools for those using SharePoint Foundation 2010.
Note: This is an elective course in the Project Management Certificate Program. Successful completion fulfills 21 Professional Development Units towards certificate completion or ongoing professional development.
Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
Audience: Anyone tasked with delivering projects on-budget and on-time. Familiarity with the ribbon bar will enhance successful completion of this course.
- Work with the Fluent user graphical interface
- Use Office Backstage view to share data from one location
- Create a new project plan with tasks, resources, and milestones
- Set up resource capacities and pay rates
- Assign resources to tasks
- Format and share your plan in Gantt and Timeline views
- Track progress on tasks
- Adjust task relationships and constraints
- Enter deadlines and fixed costs
- View the critical path
- Examine and resolve resource overallocations
- Update a baseline
- Report project status
- Troubleshoot time, resource, cost, and scope-of-work problems