This course is appropriate for users of any version of Acrobat but does include features that are exclusive to Acrobat X.
The Acrobat X two-day, hands-on course will give you plenty of practice with Acrobat X’s dramatically overhauled interface as well as the classic, tried-and-true tools for creating, reviewing, editing, commenting on, modifying, and finalizing PDF files. Need to create smaller, faster loading PDFs? This class includes various techniques for optimizing PDFs for both web and print output. In addition many brand new features will be covered and are sure to enhance office efficiency for users of all skill levels; with or without prior Acrobat experience.
Acrobat X includes a tool that lets users bring files of varied formats together in a single PDF – or use the new portfolio wizard to bundle files together into an interactive portfolio; viewable by anyone with the free reader. Create an interactive (fillable) form using Acrobat’s revised form creation tool. Create a Quick Tools Bar— completely customizable to match personal work styles! Learn to reverse-engineer PDF files by taking advantage of the greatly improved features to convert PDF content into Microsoft Word or Excel files.
Upon completion of this class participants should be able to:
- Navigate the new streamlined interface
- Customize the Quick Tools Toolbar
- Make optimal design choices for print v. web output
- Create PDF files from within Acrobat
- Convert Microsoft Office files to PDF with PDFMaker
- Reduce file size through compression and resampling
- Create Adobe PDFs from web pages
- Combine files into PDF’s and Interactive PDF portfolios
- Make documents more accessible and flexible
- Work with bookmarks
- Protect your files with improved security settings
- Create digital signatures and sign documents digitally
- Work with commenting and review tools
- Create interactive (fillable) PDF forms
- Calculate and validate numeric fields in forms
- Save PDF’s into Microsoft Word and Excel files
- Search PDFs using advanced search techniques
Prerequisites: Experience with the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office documents.