This nationally recognized Purchasing & Supply Chain Management online course and training certificate program is particularly well suited to anyone working in or interested in working in purchasing, supply chain management, procurement specialists, and buyers. In this program students will be introduced to the various fundamental and basic aspects of the supply chain environment, including basic and introductory enterprise resource planning systems and requirement systems. The interrelationships between purchasing, vendor selection, sources of supply and the role of technology will also be explored in this program so that a student understands the integrated approach to planning, acquisition, flow and distribution from raw materials to finished products. In this program, the focus is on the management function, and the skills and resources that develop a successful manager. This online certificate program is offered in partnership with major colleges, universities, and other accredited education providers. This program is best-suited for someone with little or no experience in purchasing management.
Upon successful completion of the Purchasing & Supply Chain Management program students will:
• Be familiar with the basics of purchasing and the purchasing environment in the private sector.
• Have an understanding of the various approaches, tools and strategies used in negotiations and give you a foundation for negotiating with great awareness and effectiveness.
• Learn the basics of entrepreneurship.
• Understand the basics of marketing management and the strategies involved in developing a marketing plan.
• Become aware of the basic subjects in the field of price and cost analysis from a purchasing and production perspective and give you a foundation for thinking about price and cost analysis in a strategic, integrated manner.
Prerequisites/Audience: There are no specific prerequisites for this course. However, basic computer skills, the ability to navigate the Internet, and an email account are all required.
This program is intended for anyone currently working in, or planning on working in, procurement management, supply management, a purchasing department, or any other area involved with procurement and/or supply.
PC Requirements/Materials Included: This course must be taken from a PC. There are no specific computer requirements other than an Internet connection (Broadband Internet connection is highly recommended). In addition you will need to have Internet Explorer, Adobe Reader, Flash Plug-in and a QuickTime plug-in on your computer (all available through free downloads).
GES will provide the following required textbooks for this course:
• Budgeting for Managers
• Harvard Business Essentials: Power, Influence, and Persuasion
• Essentials of Supply Chain Management
• The Purchasing Handbook: A Guide for the Purchasing and Supply Professional, by Joseph L. Cavinato.
• Managers and the Legal Environment, by Bagley and Savage, 5th Edition.
• The Successful Manager’s Handbook, by Susan H. Gebelein, et al.
• The Essentials of Negotiation, by Harvard Business School Press.
After registering for this course with TCC, you will be contacted by the online provider to get the materials and online access information to you. This is when the six-months begins. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued a certificate from TCC.