This nationally recognized Bookkeeping online certification course and home study training program for experienced bookkeepers leads to national certification with the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB). The AIPB certification is a high professional standard for bookkeepers. This bookkeeping course was created by the AIPB. All textbooks included. This online certificate program is offered in partnership with major colleges, universities, and other accredited education providers.
The web-based format allows students to move at their own pace from any web-enabled computer. The program consists of six separate subject areas:
1. Adjusting entries
2. Correction of accounting errors (including the bank reconciliation)
3. Book and tax depreciation
4. Basic payroll
5. Merchandise inventory
6. Internal controls and fraud prevention AIPB provides students with a set of five workbooks that prepares them for each of the exams. 80 hours. You will need Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel for this course.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to do the following:
- Describe the benefits, eligibility requirements, code of ethics, and maintenance requirements for the Certified Bookkeeper.
- Apply the concepts of accrual accounting to transactions that span fiscal periods.
- Trace the effect of accrual and deferral transactions to financial statements.
- Apply accounting concepts and the basic tools of financial analysis in identifying and correcting errors.
- Apply accounting principles in reconciling bank accounts.
- Apply accounting concepts in preparing payroll transactions, from paying wages to depositing and reporting taxes.
- Apply accounting concepts to depreciation transactions including various methods of calculating depreciation for book and tax purposes.
- Apply accounting concepts to valuing inventory, recording costs, making entries, and reporting inventory on financial statements.
- Help your company or client use basic internal controls to prevent theft, embezzlement or check and credit card fraud by employees, customers or vendors.
The Certified Bookkeeper Program is designed for experienced bookkeepers who want to prepare for national certification. In order to sit for the AIPB Certification exam, persons must be able to submit proof of at least two years full-time or 3,000 hours part-time experience.
PC Requirements/Materials Included: This course is compatible with Windows Vista Operating System. This course can be taken on either a PC or a Mac; however, Microsoft Word and Excel are required. Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Acrobat Reader are required for this course. The AIPB provides the six workbooks that are required for this program.