Please check back in January for schedule updates
CGBP Online Exam Training
Instructor: Nate Ward, CGBP
For companies, the certification establishes a professional development goal for current and future employees. The credential also helps individuals diversify their skills in global commerce and assure they understand a broad range of topics rather than just the specific field within international trade that they have experienced.
Training will cover primary content of CGBP exam:
Sample Topics Covered and Skills Participants will learn:
- Global Business Management
- International Logistics
- International Marketing
- Trade Finance
- Assess a company’s export readiness
- Select modes of entry to foreign markets
- Choose appropriate incoterms
- Understand payment mechanisms
- Calculate landed cost
- Access government tools, services and grants
- Evaluate international freight forwarders
- Complete international documentation
- Check foreign buyers’ credit
- Navigate international trade compliance
About the Instructor: Nate Ward is Director of the Ohio International Trade Assistance Center at Cleveland State University. He has taught international supply chain and his center specializes in international market research. He has conducted export business in over 25 countries over eight years in the manufacturing sector in sales, logistics and management.
Contact: Meg Salkin at 216-687-4750 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
The Small Business Development Center/ITAC Programs of Ohio (SBDC) program is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. The SBDC program is also funded in part by the Ohio Department of Development.