|SHRM Essentials of Human Resource Management
Gain an introduction to Human Resource Management with the Essentials of Human Resource Management course. Offered in conjunction with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the primary focus of this program is to provide professionals with a broad overview of human resource functions.
The SHRM Essentials provides knowledge and skills you can use immediately. It addresses six key human resource management practices.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
Click for Course Content
- Understand your organization's complex HR issues.
- Gain insight into responsibilities that are broader than the normal scope of your job.
- Stay up to date on the latest HR laws and regulations.
- Increase your on-the-job confidence.
April 7, 9, 14 & 16, 2015
6:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
CSU's Monte Ahuja College of Business, 1860 E. 18th St., Cleveland, OH 44115 (map)
CSU Alumni: $660
COSE Member: $660
Greater Cleveland Partnership: $660
- Competency-based Professional Development: Students’ demonstrate their competence by successfully completing a course assessment.
- Digital credentials: A digital credential gives employers, clients and colleagues the ability to instantly see what you had to do to earn it, what coursework it covered and what it qualifies you to do.
- All Inclusive: Each course delivered at CSU includes materials, pre-test and post-test, coffee, snacks, lunch and convenient, on-site parking.
- Educated and Experienced Instructors: Our instructors bring years of real-world, classroom and CPA, CFA, SHRM, PhD and MBA experience. Many hold leadership positions in northeast Ohio organizations and have taught at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Cost-effective: The course is designed to minimize travel expenses and time away from work.
- Networking Opportunities: Learn from instructors and colleagues who have a variety of industry experiences to share.
- Module One: Human Resource Management
- Module Two: Employment Law
- Module Three: Recruitment and Selection
- Module Four: Compensation and Benefits
- Module Five: Employee Development
- Module Six: Performance Management
Registrants who cancel will receive a refund, less a $50 processing fee, if we receive written notification a minimum of seven business days prior to the first day of class. No refunds will be issued if notification is not received seven business days prior to the first day of class.