FIRST IN A SERIES OF THREE COURSES
This course will arm you with the necessary skills to conduct a thorough traffic crash investigation and properly document your findings for courtroom presentation.
We will show you the proper procedures for measuring, scale diagramming, and photographing in order to record physical evidence and essential facts available only at the crash scene. You will learn the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and engineering as they pertain to crash investigations and the proper mathematical equations to apply for the type of crash being investigated. Finally, you will learn to analyze the information to determine what happened before, during, and after the collision.
Controlled experiments with skidding vehicles and other projects throughout the course will allow you to apply these concepts to actual field situations.
IPTM’s At-Scene Traffic Crash/Traffic Homicide Investigation will prepare you for a variety of advanced and specialty courses in traffic crash investigations.
• Physical evidence from the roadway
• Physical evidence from the vehicle
• The human element and occupant kinematics
• Mathematical principles and equations
• Skid marks and vehicle speeds
• Crash scene photography
• Traffic templates
• Measuring and scale diagramming
• Driver and witness interviews
• Information analysis and case preparation
Audience: Law enforcement and private traffic crash investigators, claims adjusters, engineers, attorneys, safety officers, military investigative personnel, animators and graphic designers
Course length: 80 hours
* For Florida Officers, this course will not qualify for Salary Incentive Credit for FDLE course “Traffic Homicide Investigation.”
If you are registering anyone other than yourself,
DO NOT USE THE “Add to cart”
the registration form above and return one, via mail,
for each student. Each registration must be accompanied by full payment.