To successfully solve violent, sexually motivated crimes, you need to be aware of the criminal personality you are confronting. You also need to be aware of the special investigative skills that are needed to manage and investigate these cases.
This course will cover basic and advanced investigative concepts and provide you with the knowledge and skills of a good sex crime investigator. There will be an in-depth study of the lust murderer, the pedophile, the child molester and the rapist. The psychology of the sex offender, as well as the victim, will be explored and the importance of physical evidence and the medical examiner’s role will be examined.
As these cases are often sensitive in nature, you’ll also learn the principles of victimology in sexual assaults, how to best deal with the victims’ psychological problems and techniques for interviewing both adult and child victims.
• Overview of sexually motivated crimes
• Human sexuality determinants of human behavior
• The criminal mind and abnormal psychology
• The symptomatic behavior of eroto-sexual dysfunction
• Exploitation of children, child pornography and sex rings
• Personality and classification of the rapist
• Physical evidence in sex crimes
• Serial murders and lust murders
• Auto-erotic and equivocal death investigations
Audience: Patrol officers, newly assigned and seasoned detectives, investigations supervisors, crime scene technicians, medical examiner and coroner investigators, military investigative personnel - Class is restricted to sworn law enforcement officers and those personnel assigned directly to law enforcement agencies.
Course length: 40 hours
If you are registering anyone other than yourself,
DO NOT USE THE “Add to cart”
the registration form above and return one, via mail,
for each student. Each registration must be accompanied by full payment.