|SharePoint for Project Management
Are you part of a project management team planning on using SharePoint as the platform for your PMIS (Project Management Information System)? If so, this class is what you are looking for to help guide you in this endeavor. Using a case study, you will explore using SharePoint to coordinate communication and collaboration among your team members. You will manage schedules, status reports, risks and the many documents and artifacts of your project using the PMIS you create in SharePoint. This class will be taught on SharePoint 2010.
Learning Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
Intended Audience: Anyone charged with managing projects for their organization. Experience using SharePoint and Office applications will be helpful.
- Explain a PMIS (Project Management Information System
- Implement SharePoint as a PMIS
- Create and organize Site Templates
- Create and organize Document Collections
- Assess and allocate permissions to various stakeholders
- Implement Team Collaboration
- Track Risks and Status Reports
- Integrate Microsoft Project, Excel and SharePoint into the PMIS
- Describe and utilize the best practices for PMIS design and implementation
Please note: Students who register less than three days prior to class may not receive their book until after class ends.