Microsoft Project, the industry-standard project management tool, can be daunting if not used the way intended. This class is designed to give you a hands-on, exercise-driven method, enabling you to make quicker, better decisions about your project. You will be able to construct your schedules in Microsoft Project so the tool works for you rather than you working for it.
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge and experience with Microsoft Project. This is not a beginner’s class.
- Take the guess work out of your project’s progress
- Provide guidelines to create and implement “predictive,” dynamically scheduled work plans to forecast your project
What You Will Walk Away With
- More advanced knowledge of a complicated tool
- Ability to minimize the effort spent on a schedule and show you how to make your schedule forecast by itself
- Provide accurate, up-to-date reporting whether for Steering Committee status or your project team members' status
- Better manage resource allocations
- Forecast and report accurate spend against the planned budget
What You Will Be Able to Do Differently and Better
- Construct the "Big Picture" of the project model - its schedule and resources - in the tool the right way so you have the ability to forecast the schedule and resource needs throughout the entire project life cycle
- Utilize a set of reusable views, fields, tables and filters that help you keep the schedule up-to-date
- See project progress and any scheduling conflicts or variances quickly and easily
This course qualifies for 16 hours or 16 PDUs.
Download Registration Form
Looking for more Project Management info, updates and news? Visit the all new PM Central!