An understanding of project management tools and techniques that results in the ability to create and follow a project management plan.
At the completion of this component, the student will be able to:
- Describe factors that are critical to project success.
- Develop a comprehensive project management plan.
- Define project scope that reflects stakeholder perspectives and project requirements.
- Prepare an effective work breakdown structure.
- Differentiate project life cycle models based on project characteristics.
- Develop estimates for project cost and schedule.
- Apply tools and techniques to manage project scope, time, and budget.
- Plan and implement effective communications with the project team and stakeholders.
- Differentiate roles of project team members.
- Select and apply appropriate tools and techniques for risk management, quality management, and change management.
NOTE: This course is part of the Health Information Technology Certificate Program
but is opened to those not enrolled in the certificate program as well.