Created especially for business managers who have projects in front of them and need to be successful - NOW! Our PM Basics hands-on, interactive course gives you exactly what you need to be successful leading any project. You will walk away from this course with the know-how, the practice, and the simple tools you've been looking for that will put you in control and pave the way for success.
This workshop takes place over four evenings and is the best on the market. It provides the proven project management foundation, using common business language and simple examples and exercises that are suitable for and relevant to any employee, at any level, who is or will become a functional project manager. Content provided is in alignment with PMI (Project Management Institute) standard practices, yet is customized for any 'Let's just do it!' business audience to be much easier to understand and more simple, friendly and usable to learn.
- Understand the management challenges the discipline of project management addresses.
- Set high-level expectations about what the process of project management looks and feels like in action, over the lifecycle of the project.
- Introduce the basic tools and documents of project management, with information about why, when and how they are commonly used.
- Provide participants interactive, hands-on experience with critical program content.
- Create cross-training opportunities, so participants see and experience benefits of looking to each other for help and support as they try new things.
- Provide simple, generic samples of basic tools and documents of project management so participants have a starting PM toolkit as they move forward on their own.
What You Will Walk Away With
- A relevant and statistically fact-based business context for why and when Project Management is needed
- An overview of the common, real-world situations in which the discipline of project management becomes a critical success factor
- An easy-to-understand overview of the project lifecycle
- An understanding of the basic processes and techniques of project management, and the benefits and challenges of using them
- A simple, common-sense usable Project Management toolkit so participants don't get overwhelmed at the start and can avoid reinventing the wheel
- Personal Action Plans containing the top 'next step' actions each PM will take to begin implementing the most immediately useful and relevant PM practices they just learned, within their current or next project(s)
What You Will Be Able to Do Differently and Better
- Feel and be more in control of the projects you manage
- Have a better understanding of the Big Picture of project management, as well as the day-to-day processes and tactics
- Immediately use the "KIS" (Keep It Simple) concepts and methods of project management to help get and keep your project(s) on track
- Utilize a set of repeatable easy-to-use PM tools that help you get the job done
- Be on top of your projects from initiation through implementation
- Selectively apply project management concepts and tools to whatever degree is appropriate for any given project
- Re-use these concepts and tools in all future projects