Want to learn exactly how to successfully manage a project in a simple and easy way? Want to walk away with all the tools you need to get it right the first time by learning from and having access to a real-world project management master?
Come attend our Project Management Basics course and leave being able to lead, plan, and manage your projects with full confidence and control.
Whether you are learning project management for the first time, or you want a refresher, or even if you just want to get a feel for the job – this is the course for you. Covering everything you need: the process, tools, strategies, and techniques, this course will not only enable you to DO the job, but it will also help you shine above the rest.
- Understand the management challenges the discipline of project management addresses.
- Set high-level expectations about what the process of project management looks and feels like in action, over the lifecycle of the project.
- Introduce the basic tools and documents of project management, with information about why, when and how they are commonly used.
- Provide participants interactive, hands-on experience with critical program content.
- Create cross-training opportunities, so participants see and experience benefits of looking to each other for help and support as they try new things.
- Provide simple, generic samples of basic tools and documents of project management so participants have a starting PM toolkit as they move forward on their own.
Who Should Attend
- Business managers who are leading projects now and want some simple tools and techniques to be more organized, in control, and effective
- Business managers who are about to lead one or more projects for the first time and need to be immediately successful
- Individuals who manage projects and want a refresher of the core process, steps, and tactics of project management
- People who are thinking about a career in project management and want to get a good feel for the job
What You Will Walk Away With
- A relevant and statistically fact-based business context for why and when Project Management is needed
- An overview of the common, real-world situations in which the discipline of project management becomes a critical success factor
- An easy-to-understand overview of the project lifecycle
- An understanding of the basic processes and techniques of project management, and the benefits and challenges of using them
- A simple, common-sense usable Project Management toolkit so participants don't get overwhelmed at the start and can avoid reinventing the wheel
- Personal Action Plans containing the top 'next step' actions each PM will take to begin implementing the most immediately useful and relevant PM practices they just learned, within their current or next project(s)
What You Will Be Able to Do Differently and Better
- Feel and be more in control of the projects you manage
- Have a better understanding of the Big Picture of project management, as well as the day-to-day processes and tactics
- Immediately use the "KIS" (Keep It Simple) concepts and methods of project management to help get and keep your project(s) on track
- Utilize a set of repeatable easy-to-use PM tools that help you get the job done
- Be on top of your projects from initiation through implementation
- Selectively apply project management concepts and tools to whatever degree is appropriate for any given project
- Re-use these concepts and tools in all future projects