Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit waiting to take flight? Freight brokering is the largest growing sector of the transportation industry.
The Freight Agent/Broker Training program is a great option for you to start your own home-based business. This course is designed to give you an overview of the transportation industry, supply chain management. Get what it takes to be a successful freight sales agent or freight broker.
Course Topics Include
- The how-to's of building a freight brokerage or agency
- An in-depth view of the operations process
- Broker laws
- Marketing yourself to companies, prospecting, sales and establishing your rates
- Negotiating shipper, carrier and consignee challenges
Who Should Attend
- Ambitious and disciplined individuals seeking to start their own home-based business
- Individuals wishing to start a career in a high-demand, rewarding career
The course consists of 40 classroom hours of instruction and 100 hours of self-learning, including transportation terminology, research on the transportation industry, and developing a marketing plan that includes a list of potential customers.
Tuition includes course materials.
Learn more about the Global Logistics Training Resource Network.