This is a three-hour, three-PDU evening workshop with both lecture and interactive segments. It is targeted to all project managers who wish to effectively communicate so their managers, sponsors and executives have evolving, realistic project expectations.
What to Expect
Learn specific techniques to boost the quality of your communications so more people will 'get it', more people will pay attention and more people will listen and act on your projections and recommendations. Discover how to increase your influence and manage expectations.
Discover communication techniques that allow you to spell out assignments, tasks and warnings. Avoid delays, missed deadlines and confusion. Sway sponsors and executives, deliver warnings that are heeded and relay clear and concise predictions and projections to leaders.
You Will Learn
- Recognize the difference between 'telling' and 'communicating'
- Understand the tactical differences between effective and ineffective project communications
- Be able to recognize symptoms and instances of ineffective communications so you can take steps to resolve any misunderstandings
- Learn the "OREO" technique so you can make your messages more compelling and persuasive
- Learn how to move people into the action you desire
- Gain hands-on experience with this new information via an in-class case study and exercise