This ONLINE 100 Hour Medical Terminology course offers a clear and concise introduction to medical terminology with extensive opportunities for student practice. It reviews word components and basic principles for interpreting terms within each of the major medical specialties.
This course does not require any previous knowledge of science or biology. The skills students obtain through this course will benefit them in any healthcare field they choose to pursue.
- Skills for identifying, spelling and analyzing medical terms
- Word structure including root words, prefixes, combining forms and suffixes
- Review of major medical specialties and associated body systems
- Introductory anatomy and physiology and common pathologies
- Major drug classifications, diagnostic tests and treatment procedures
- Medical abbreviations and symbols
This course is highly interactive and provide students with an enriched learning experience.
- 24 hour a day instructor support & course mentors
- Engaging labs, student exercises and course videos
- All textbooks, workbooks and student materials
- A new "Secure Student Website"-including career resources & other training
- Career building exercises, resume writing tips, interview techniques, etc.
- Career mentors - there to help students take the next step in their career!
- Other skills training including lifelong learning skills, health care review, etc.
Available Online Now
NOTE: This course is part of the Health Information Technology Certificate Program
but is opened to those not enrolled in the certificate program as well.