Emotional intelligence is the ability to acquire and apply knowledge from your emotions and the emotions of others to be more successful, especially as a leader.
Emotional intelligence is increasingly recognized as the critical factor in the career success of leaders. It compliments cognitive intelligence (IQ), helps leaders manage their lives effectively and relate well with others. People have different abilities when dealing with emotions, just like they have different abilities in language, logic, mathematics and music. However, emotions should never get in the way of leading.
You Will Learn
- Defining emotional intelligence
- Benefits of emotional intelligence
- Core competencies
- Relationship between employees and leadership
- Assessing your personal emotional intelligence
- Work-related application and implementation of EI tools
- Teaching emotional intelligence to employees