(Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) Exam Prep)
A Certified Quality Engineer is a professional who can execute generally accepted procedures and analytical techniques recognized by the American Society for Quality (ASQ).
This course will review key elements of the "CQE Body of Knowledge" (BOK) in a structured format to prepare individuals to sit for the certification examination. This course is designed to give students the information, skills, strategies and techniques to pass the CQE exam which is offered by ASQ each June and December.
- There will be 36 hours of classroom instruction using the "CQE Primer" published by the Quality Council of Indiana.
- Students should expect to spend approximately 4 to 8 hours per week outside of class reviewing the lecture material, reading the CQE Primer and working practice questions.
- A solid understanding of basic algebra and the ability to work with algebraic formulas. Introduction to Statistics course experience is a plus.
- Experience in at least one area of the BOK is required to qualify to sit for the exam.
Attendees of this course will receive the "CQE Primer" from the Quality Council of Indiana.
Attendees are required to bring their own copy of:
"The Certified Quality Engineer Handbook", 3rd edition, by Connie M. Borror, ISBN: 978-0873897457
The book can be purchased online through the publisher at asq.org/quality-press/display-item/?item=H1340 or other online textbook retailersWho Should Attend
- Quality engineers
- Manufacturing / process engineers
- Quality managers
- Quality improvement professionals
- Anyone preparing to take the ASQ CQE exam