Agile is transforming software development helping organizations deliver faster and improve customer satisfaction. As more and more projects are using Agile methods, Project Managers are challenged to lead their teams effectively and produce better results. Agile Project management is fundamentally different from traditional project management. It not just technique, it’s about team culture.
“How to Manage an Agile Project” is a two-day immersive experience and techniques workshop that helps Project Managers learn Agile and the next day begin to lead teams effectively. The workshop provides concepts, techniques and tools to enable anyone who seeks to manage an Agile project to perform the following:
- Assemble a team, assign roles and cast vision for the project
- How to use key techniques such the product backlog, user stories, burndown, demos and retrospectives, stand-up meetings, estimating and story points.
- How to plan iterations and releases
- How to manage risk
Why You Should Attend
This course will provide you with a practical understanding of Agile, the culture and how to apply key techniques to manage an Agile project. After the course is complete, you will be able to lead an Agile team and perform an Agile project.
Agile is primarily a software development methodology but can be applied to non-software development projects. In this course, the exercises and instructions are geared toward project managers who will spend the majority of their time working on software development projects using Agile.
What You Will Learn
- Agile's powerful social dynamics, unique vocabulary and its core values
- How to develop and communicate a project vision and charter
- What roles are key to Agile
- How to implement Agile team leadership principles
- How to develop a product backlog and assign business value
- What are Story points and Agile estimation
- Planning releases
- Stand-up meetings, Burndowns, Demos and Retrospectives
- Iteration Planning
- Agile risk management
- Methods for avoiding common mistakes
Who Should Attend
- Product owners
- Program managers
- Quality assurance analysts and managers
- Business analysts, software managers
Other Project Management Courses
Download Registration Form