|Self Defense 102 for Women
Self-Defense 102 takes up material you learned in Self-Defense 101, and kicks it up a notch. This is a progressive skill-building class, which means each session will review what you learned the previous week(s) and build on those skills.
In this class you will:
Prerequisite: Self-Defense 101, or another multi-session empowerment self-defense course.
- Review decisive targets and strikes, combos, and other components of physical skills.
- Increase your practical agility and footwork to better leverage your strength effectively.
- Learn to continue even if the fight hits the ground.
- More practice with verbal tactics, including de-escalation, the ""Broken Record,"" confrontation strategies, assertion, and ""energy matching.""
- Dealing with two attackers
- Basic strategies for facing an attacker with a weapon.
- Simple joint manipulation to stall or disable an attacker.