Learn all about contract law, including considerations related to the creation and enforcement of contracts.
The course will teach you how to work with contract law as a paralegal. Key topics include contract case law examples, uniform commercial code and more.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.Learn all about contract law, including considerations related to the creation and enforcement of contracts.
- Case Law and FIRAC
- Uniform Commercial Code
- Contract Acceptance
- Express Contracts and Implied Contracts
- Fact Patterns
- The Mailbox Rule
- Legal Benefit and Legal Detriment
- Promissory Estoppel
- Contractual Capacity
- Third-Party Beneficiaries
What you will learn
- Fundamental elements of a contract: offer, acceptance and consideration.
- Contractual relationships, defenses to a contract and the main legal rules of law school cases.
How you will benefit
- Gain a clear understanding of contract law prior to starting law school.