Learn to work with others in a professional setting.
This Diversity Training for Employees and Managers is ideal for anyone working in a professional environment. The course brings people together by focusing on principles like respect, acceptance and inclusivity. It is designed to help employees and managers gain a better understanding of the skills, characteristics, and talents that each person brings to the table regardless of their background. The class emphasizes the need to communicate, negotiate, and collaborate in a diverse environment both internally and externally.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 11.0 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.Gain a better understanding of what others bring to the table as you learn to respect others and collaborate in diverse environments.
- Understanding Diversity
- What is Diversity?
- Other Terms for Diversity
- Diversity Self-awareness
- History of Diversity in the Workplace
- Diversity Laws
- Cornerstones of Diversity
- Individual Differences
- Cultural Differences
- Personality Differences
- Generational Differences
- Diversity Obstacles
- Stereotypes and Biases
- Confronting Stereotypes and Biases
- Overcoming Obstacles and Increasing Diversity Awareness
- Active Listening
- Nonverbal Communication
- Speaking with Intent
- Diversity Discrimination
- Identifying Diversity Discrimination
- Taking Action Against Diversity Discrimination
- Diversity Leadership
- Managing Diversity Discrimination
- Encouraging Diversity
- Creating a Successful and Diverse Team
What you will learn
- The definition of diversity and other related terms
- The advantages and complications of diversity in the workplace
- How to assess self-awareness of diversity
- The laws that protect against diversity discrimination
- How to implement the four cornerstones of diversity
How you will benefit
- Gain knowledge and skills about embracing diversity within a team.
- Become a better team member and/or leader