This hands-on, project-oriented course is filled with easy-to-follow, detailed step-by-step instructions that teach you how to edit and manipulate images and create elemental compositions using Photoshop in the Creative Cloud. Discover how to improve photographs by editing out flaws, correcting poor exposure, or creating a composite image using the newest techniques.
Photoshop is the world's most popular photo-editing program. Artists, photographers, designers, and hobbyists all rely on Adobe Photoshop for image creation and editing. The Introduction to Photoshop CC course provides meticulous instructions that will teach you how to use Photoshop Creative Cloud with confidence.
Photoshop Creative Cloud has a host of impressive new features, and you will encounter a number of them throughout the course. You will be editing your own photographs to get rid of dust and scratches, fix the color, and correct image exposure. Then you will learn how to colorize parts of an image and how to create simple digital paintings. You will master techniques for switching the backgrounds on images and removing wrinkles and blemishes from photos, just like they do in magazines.
You will also learn about the content-aware Move tools that, like magic, let you move something on an image and intelligently replace the "hole" left behind at the same time. By the time you finish this fun, hands-on, project-oriented course, you will be well on your way to expressing yourself with the most exciting graphics program ever developed.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.14 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Creative Cloud, or any version of Adobe Creative Suite CC that includes the Adobe Photoshop CC or Photoshop only (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.Whether you are a photographer, digital illustrator, graphic designer, or someone who wants to alter old family photos, you need to learn Adobe Photoshop. The Introduction to Photoshop Creative Cloud course is filled with easy-to-follow, detailed step-by-step instructions that teach you how to edit and manipulate images and create basic compositions using Photoshop in the Creative Cloud. Discover how to improve photographs by editing out flaws, correcting poor exposure, or creating a composite image using the newest techniques Photoshop has to offer. You will even learn how much fun you can have digitally painting and exploring filters and effects to create unique images. And, best of all, you need no prior artistic ability or Photoshop experience to take this course.
- Getting to Know Adobe Photoshop
- Understanding Resolution and Layers
- Working with Objects
- Image Adjustments
- Image Retouch and Restoration
- Colorizing Images
- Working with Brushes
- Working with Selections
- Working with Masks
- Working with Vectors
- Type and Layer Effects
- Preparing Files for Output
What you will learn
- Master the fundamentals of Photoshop's interface and tools
- Understand the essentials of digital imaging including file formats, color modes, image size, and resolution.
- Comprehend and apply digital color theory and practice colorization and digital painting
- Identify and apply the methods of photo retouch and restoration
- Use the functionality of Photoshop's layers, selections, and masking features
How you will benefit
- Discover everything you need to confidently use the tools in Photoshop to restore, retouch, and rearrange images
- Develop the skills you need to begin a new hobby or entry-level career using Photoshop
- Learn to effectively retouch photos and develop professional quality images for your home or business
- Harness the power of Photoshop to create stunning images by enhancing photographs and developing works of art