Use this popular project management software to plan, implement, and control projects, track costs and resources, and generate reports using Gantt Chart and Calendar views.
Discover how to effectively plan, implement, and control projects using Microsoft Project 2016. From sequencing tasks, producing a baseline, and assigning resources and costs, to tracking progress, analyzing variances, and revising your project plan, Microsoft Project can help you organize all your project's details quickly and effectively.
In this course, you'll master the basics of Microsoft Project 2016 so you can create a project schedule in no time flat and then share it with clients and co-workers. Using the program's different views, such as the Calendar and Gantt chart views, you'll be able to manage your project information and produce effective reports. And should you encounter trouble, you'll master a number of tried-and-true problem-resolution techniques to help get your project back on track. After completing the course, you'll know how to develop, implement, and control a project plan that meets organizational and customer objectives.
- This course must be taken on a PC. It is not suitable for Macs.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge is also compatible.
- Microsoft Project 2016 (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.Use this popular project management software to plan, implement, and control projects, track costs and resources, and generate reports using Gantt Chart and Calendar views.
- Overview of Microsoft Project
- Creating a Solid Foundation
- Creating and Managing Resources
- Defining and Assigning Costs
- Project Templates, Security, and Constraints
- Working with Views and Managing Information
- Fine-Tuning Your Project Plan
- Baselines and Tracking
- Managing Variances
- Using and Creating Reports
- Printing Views
- Closing Your Projects