Learn how to use Sass (Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets) to create powerful style sheets quickly and efficiently.
This web design course will teach you how to use Sass (Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets), a CSS extension language compatible with all versions of CSS. You'll dive headfirst into using Sass and start writing your own functions. You'll also learn the Sass philosophy on code organization and how this can improve your workflow. If you're looking to enhance your web design skills, this course will teach you how to use Sass to tackle and streamline styling for any new web project.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 11.0 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Visual Studio Code (free - instructions for downloading and installing are available in the course).
- Sass (free - instructions for downloading and installing are available in the course).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.Learn how to use Sass (Syntactically Awesome Style Sheets) to create powerful style sheets quickly and efficiently.
- Introduction/Why Sass?
- Organizing and Including Sass Code
- Sass Variables
What you will learn
- What Sass is and why designers use it
- Working with Sass pre-processors
- Installing and configuring Sass on either a PC or a Mac
- Working with operations, control directives, and expressions
- Understand when and how to use nesting
- Extending and framework options
How you will benefit
- Start writing cleaner, more sustainable code
- Maintain your CSS styling sheets more efficiently
- Learn a new approach to front-end development